Northern California is one of the most fertile areas of farmland in the country. Due to the importance of the agriculture to state and local economies, it is a heavily regulated industry. It is also one of the most dangerous occupations in the country. It involves a specialized area of law in which it is important to know the key players in the industry and stay abreast of changing rules and regulations.
Answers. Action. Advocacy. Hughson Agriculture Law Lawyers Who Care. Hughson Agriculture Law Lawyers You Can Count On.
Call: (209) 522-2211. E-Mail Us.
Resolve Complex Agricultural Legal Matters
At the Hughson law office of Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Goodwin, we are skilled in handling legal concerns involving agricultural law. We represent clients of all sizes, including small family operated farms to large, multinational agribusinesses. Their needs are diverse and often extremely complex:
- Our clients may need defense and advocacy relating to a farmland heavy machinery accident.
- They may need counsel to implement environmental regulatory compliance matters and avoid fines.
- They may need guidance in establishing an appropriate system to remain in compliance with the state’s myriad of regulations governing their particular type of farm.
- They may need an intermediary to negotiate on their behalves with state and federal agencies who are threatening to shut them down for hiring unlawful immigrants.
- They may be embroiled in a business dispute involving multi-parties across many states.
Honest, Cost-Effective and Thorough
Our clients have one thing in common: they need skilled, determined and honest guidance that they can count on to help them navigate through their legal matter in as efficient and cost-effective manner as is possible. The small size of our firm and the depth of experience of our Hughson agriculture law lawyers will achieve our clients’ goals with precision, determination, care — and an eye toward their future success.
We are the Hughson agriculture law lawyers to call, whether for counsel or for rapidly emerging legal issues. Let us shoulder your legal burden, while you carry on your work — for the life of your farm.
Our areas of practice within agricultural law include:
- Environmental regulatory matters, compliance matters with state and federal agencies
- Fine reductions
- Water, pesticide, herbicide, chemical and product compliance
- OSHA compliance
- Employment issues, including unlawful immigrant matters
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
The Firm to Call for Help