Modification of Family Law Lawyer in Modesto, CA

When a court enters an order in a paternity case, divorce, legal separation or other family law matter, it must rely on the circumstances of the parties at the time the order is entered. When the circumstances of the parties change significantly, a modification of the existing order may be warranted.

If you need help modifying a divorce or family law order in Stanislaus or San Joaquin County, contact the experienced attorneys of Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Goodwin. We represent clients who are seeking modifications of family law orders, including:

  • Child support modifications
  • Child custody modifications
  • Visitation modifications
  • Spousal support (alimony) modifications
  • Parental relocation

To speak with an experienced family law attorney at our firm about a modification, contact our law office in Modesto, California.

Child Support Modifications

A child support modification may be warranted if there has been a significant change of circumstances since the time your last child support order was entered. Have you been laid off from work or forced to take a pay cut? We can help.

We also represent clients seeking a child support modification to receive increased child support. Has your former spouse obtained a significant pay raise? Have your child care costs increased significantly since the time the last child support order was entered? If so, contact us for assistance. We can perform a guideline child support calculation on your behalf to determine if you may be eligible to obtain a child support modification.

Custody And Visitation Modifications

A number of factors may change after a divorce or after an initial paternity order has been entered. In some cases, a small change in a visitation schedule is required because of a change in a parent’s work schedule or a child’s daily schedule. In other cases, a change may have occurred that places the physical or emotional welfare of a child in danger. In such cases, a change of custody may be required to protect the welfare of a minor child.

Whether you require a slight modification of a visitation schedule or a more significant change of custody, contact us to discuss the facts of your case. Our divorce and family law attorneys have considerable experience in cases involving custody and visitation modifications. We will work to find ways to resolve your case as amicably as possible, but we also have the trial experience to vigorously protect your rights if your case must go to court.

We also have experience in cases involving parental relocation disputes. These cases involve complex legal and factual issues and require the attention of a skilled and experienced family law attorney.

Spousal Support Modifications

If you have been advised that your spousal support order is not modifiable because you were involved in a long-term marriage (10 or more years), this is simply not the case. Spousal support awards based on a short-term or long-term marriage may be modifiable under certain circumstances. If your financial circumstances have changed significantly since the time your spousal support order was entered, contact our attorneys for a review of your case. Our attorneys can help you determine if a modification may be warranted in your case.

Contact A California Modification Attorney

We are pleased to assist if you need to speak with an attorney about the modification of a family law order. To contact a Modesto modification lawyer at Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Goodwin, call (209) 522-2211. You may also contact us by e-mail.