Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger Scholarship
At Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger, we are committed to community service, social responsibility, and advancing equal access to justice. In accordance with our values, we are proudly offering a scholarship to one undergraduate student who has demonstrated a pattern of and a commitment to helping those less fortunate, promoting equality, and improving our nation’s communities. Presenting our scholarship to one individual each year enables Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger to “pay it forward” and recognize students who share our passion and values. We are honored by the opportunity to offer this scholarship to dedicated and hard-working undergraduate students who recognize that an element of personal success is: service to others. In brief, we want to invest our resources in in others who advance our philosophy and values.
Current enrollment as an undergraduate student at an approved university or have been accepted to an approved university. Current undergraduate students applying for this scholarship must have a cumulative GPA of (3.0) or above and provide a current transcript to qualify for consideration.
Scholarship Application Requirements
Compose a 1,200 – 1,500 word essay detailing how you have and/or plan to apply your undergraduate education and life experience to provide a service to a community or class of individuals. Has our country’s current legal system supported or hindered your endeavors and, if so, in what ways? If you could change our laws or our legal system to better support your efforts to improve our society, what changes would you make? How will an award of this scholarship help you advance your goals? Why should Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger select you as a recipient of this scholarship?
As a supplement to your essay, record a video of yourself, no longer than (10 minutes) explaining key points you discussed in your essay. Your video should include a summarization of what your essay covered. The best videos are generally one-take shoots that are not overly rehearsed.
Provide proof of enrollment or your acceptance letter from an accredited university listed on the U.S. Department of Education’s official website along with a copy of your transcripts if you are currently an undergraduate student.
How to Submit Your Application
Please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to receive consideration, you must include:
- Your Full Legal Name
- Current Mailing Address
- An email address that we may contact you at
- A U.S. phone number that we may contact you at
- A brief statement of your current academic status as well as evidence that you are currently enrolled at a college, in good standing, and meet the GPA requirements as set forth above. By applying for this scholarship, you give Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger and its agents express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university directly.
- Your written submission attached as a Word document. Essays in any other file format will not be accepted.
- Please upload your video to YouTube and include your link in your email. Title the video with Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger Scholarship and your first and last name. Please provide a link to our scholarship page in the appropriate place.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is May 1st, 2021. The winner will be announced by the end of May 2021.
- The winning candidate(s) will be selected based on the student’s essay and video by an assigned member or agent of Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger.
- Scholarship recipients will receive the funds within 90 days of notification of award.
- This scholarship is applicable to one academic school year.
Terms and Conditions
Photos, videos, and essays submitted by an applicant must be the original work of the applicant. Only one submission will be accepted per student, per academic year. Duplicate scholarshipapplications will be disqualified. All scholarship awards are non-renewable. By submitting an application for the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have true and correct.
The applicant automatically grants Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger and its agents permission to:
- Use their full name, photograph, essay response, video, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger.
- Post the applicant’s full name, university name and year of attendance, video, and essay on Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger’s website.
- Call, mail, and/or send communications to the applicant regarding their application.
- Scholarship award recipients will be notified via email and announced publicly in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlingerscholarship.
Students must provide verifiable proof of current enrollment at an accredited US university within 21 calendar days of submitting an application for the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlingerscholarship by submitting the documentation as provided above. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment at an accredited university, Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger will disqualify that individual for an award of our scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Scholarship award recipients shall agree to provide high-resolution .jpeg images or high resolution scans of original prints or negatives for reproduction by Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger. The images or scans must accompany a signed statement granting Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger the right to use them, according to the terms and conditions of the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger scholarship, prior release of scholarship award funds.