At Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger, we are committed to community service, social responsibility, and advancing equal access to justice. In accordance with our values, we are proudly offering a $2,000 scholarship to one undergraduate student. We want to recognize a student who is committed to serving others and bettering the community. The student should demonstrate a pattern and a commitment to helping those less fortunate, promoting equality, and improving our nation’s communities. Presenting our scholarship to one undergraduate student each year enables us to “pay it forward.”
It is an honor to offer this scholarship to dedicated and hard-working undergraduate students who recognize that an element of personal success is service to others. In brief, we want to invest our resources in others who advance our philosophy and values.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is May 1st, 2022. We will then announce the winner by the end of June 2022.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must either be:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an approved university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; or
- Accepted as an incoming undergraduate student at an approved university.
Each applicant must provide proof of undergraduate enrollment. Proof includes:
- Copy of acceptance letter from an accredited university; or
- Copy of current undergraduate transcripts from an accredited university
Scholarship Application Requirements
There are two parts to the scholarship application:
Compose a 1,200 to 1,500 word essay detailing how you have and/or plan to apply your education and experience to provide a service to a community or class of individuals. Additionally, we want to know if our country’s current legal system has supported or hindered your efforts to better society, and, if it has, in what ways? If you could change laws or our legal system to better support your efforts to improve society, then what changes would you make?
Proof of Enrollment or Acceptance Letter
Provide proof of enrollment or your acceptance letter from an accredited university listed on the U.S. Department of Education’s official website along with a copy of your transcripts if you are currently an undergraduate student.
How to Submit Your Application
Please email your submission to: email@example.com.
In order to receive consideration, you must include the following information with your application:
- Your full legal name
- Current mailing address
- An email address that we may use to contact you
- A U.S. phone number that we may use to contact you
- A brief statement of your current academic status. Also, include evidence you are currently enrolled at a college, in good standing, and meet the GPA requirements listed above. By applying for this scholarship, you give Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger and its agents express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university directly.
- Attach your essay as a Word document. We will not accept essays in any other file format.
Terms and Conditions
Photos and essays submitted by an applicant must be the original work of the applicant. Only one submission will be accepted per student, per academic year. Duplicate scholarship applications will be disqualified. All scholarship awards are non-renewable. By submitting an application for the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have submitted is true and correct.
The applicant automatically grants Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger and its agents permission to:
- Use their full name, photograph, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger.
- Post the applicant’s full name, university name and year of attendance, and essay on Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger’s website.
- Call, mail, and/or send communications to the applicant regarding their application.
- Scholarship award recipients will be notified via email and announced publicly in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger scholarship.
Students must provide verifiable proof of current enrollment at an accredited U.S. university within 21 calendar days of submitting an application for the scholarship. Students must then submit the documentation as provided above. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment at an accredited university, Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger will disqualify that individual for an award of our scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Scholarship award recipients shall agree to provide high-resolution .jpeg images or high resolution scans of original prints or negatives for reproduction by Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger. The images or scans must also accompany a signed statement granting Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger the right to use them, according to the terms and conditions of the Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger scholarship, prior release of scholarship award funds.
Small Firm With Large Firm Results
100 Plus Years Combined Experience
Skilled, Resolute & Knowledgeable Legal Counsel
Focused on Protecting Your Interests
Local and Personalized Service