Count On Our Team to Protect Your Interests
Looking for Public Entity Defense Strategies?
Modesto Municipal Defense Attorney Represents Towns, Cities, Counties, School Districts and Other Public Entities
Municipalities, counties, city governments, school districts and other public entities are routinely involved in complex legal issues. Disputes can stem from land use, bylaws, city ordinances and other concerns. Additionally, the scope of a municipalities authority can quickly complicate California public entity law matters. Confusion can set in over the potential application of governmental immunity and budget and time constraints. Since this is the case, you need a Modesto municipal defense attorney that can protect your community’s best interests.
The attorneys Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger have more than 100 years of combined experience. Our California public entity attorneys represent local government matters for city managers, city attorneys, county agency heads, risk pool managers and others in Northern California. Our Modesto municipal defense law firm serves the legal needs of public entity and municipal clients throughout Northern California. For decades our public entity defense lawyers have represented clients in the East Bay and the Central Valley area. If actions or negligence by an individual or organization present a legal challenge, we can help.
What Are Common Legal Issues for Public Entities?
Unfortunately, there is a wide range of legal issues for municipalities and public entities. Since this is the case, you need a proactive and knowledgeable team that can mitigate risk. Our firm can suggest ways to prevent liability and reduce potential exposure. In addition, we can investigate the validity of claims in an effort to quickly resolve disputes. We have defended our clients against everything from police brutality to premises liability on public property to environmental code violations. Some common legal issues for public entities that our municipal law firm handles involve:
- Premises Liability: Insurance coverage claims can involve significant settlements when public entities are involved. Our firm can represent you for all insurance defense concerns.
- Employment Law: Employment disputes are one of the most common concerns for public entities. We are experienced handling sexual harassment, wrongful termination, discrimination and other claims.
- Risk Management: As a rule, risk management for public entities involves many moving parts. Our Modesto municipal defense lawyers can assist with liability, property, policy and other issues to help create a safe environment.
- Public Entity Litigation: There are many situations that require litigation. An experienced attorney is willing to help at any stage of your legal matter.
- Regulatory and Statutory Compliance: Organizations are expected to adhere to laws, guidelines and regulations. However, legal compliance can be tricky. For this reason, contact a Modesto attorney that can bring you confidence that your operations are complying with the law.
When Do I Need a Modesto Municipal Defense Attorney?
A public entity lawsuit can be life-altering, lengthy and costly. Furthermore, the repercussions of a verdict can affect more than an individual. Whole communities can have their lives directly and immediately impacted by a verdict. Budget constraints can be immediately and negatively affected resulting in long-term issues. Since this is the case, you should contact an attorney immediately to help your government entity mitigate risk. We offer representation to public entities that include:
- State Agencies: California is known for having a large number of state agencies. Each presents their own unique set of problems that our Modesto lawyers have experience handling.
- Educational Entities: Community colleges and school districts deal with legal issues on a constant basis. Common claims involve slip and fall and car accidents.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: Generally, claims brought against law enforcement agencies involve police brutality or illegal search. With our legal team, we can scrutinize evidence and provide legal support.
- Air and Water Quality Districts: For good reasons, citizens are concerned about the air they breathe and the water they drink. Nonetheless, frivolous claims can still come against these public entities.
- Town, City and County Governments: Each town, city and county has their own regulations. For this reason, our Modesto public entity attorney lawyers stay current with local laws.
Municipal Law Concerns? Contact Our California Municipal Law Firm Now
Do you represent a public entity or municipality that is dealing with serious legal matters? Without legal representation, a municipal lawsuit can be devastating. Our lawyers have worked hard to build strong reputations as credible, ethical and skilled professionals. We have access to a wide range of resources and experts that we may call upon as needed. Our work has won us many referrals from other clients, and we continue to build on that reputation.
Our goal in any tort or claim against a municipal client is to minimize any liability on the part of our client. In addition, we work to quickly resolve any legal challenge with efficiency, determination and skill.
Call our Modesto law firm for experienced, focused and well-reasoned advocacy from determined, professional attorneys. We offer a free consultation, so there is no risk for us to review your situation. To talk about your specific legal concerns, please call our trial lawyers (209) 340-1110 or contact us online.
“This firm exemplifies how a multi-faceted group of attorneys can work together to achieve positive results.”- James M.
Broadside Motor Vehicle Accident
Recovered the policy limits when client was broadsided in an intersection.Read More
Recovered $3,300,000 in buy-out and settlement of minority business owners in breach of fiduciary duty obligations of entity management action.Read More
Recovered $1,200,000 in income producing property in family business dispute action alleging fraud and breach of fiduciary against majority owner family members wherein all income payments and distributions to client had ceased for multiple years.Read More
$8,500,000 recovery. Client was rear-ended on the freeway and suffered catastrophic injuries.Read More
Plaintiff was bitten on the hand by his employer’s dog.Read More