Defending Towns, Cities, Counties, School Districts And Other Public Entities

Our Modesto law firm serves the legal needs of public entity and municipal clients throughout Northern California, the East Bay and the Central Valley area. When actions or negligence on the part of an individual or an organization present a legal challenge to your entity or municipality, we are here to help.

The law office of Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Goodwin bring more than 60 years of combined experience representing public entity matters for city managers, city attorneys, county agency heads, risk pool managers and others in Northern California.

Skilled In Defending Public Entity Clients

We are lawyers skilled in defending our clients against everything from police brutality to premises liability on public property to environmental code violations. We provide legal counsel and advocacy in these areas:

Comprehensive Representation

We offer representation to public entities that include:

  • State agencies
  • Town, city and county governments
  • Law enforcement agencies
  • Air and water quality districts
  • Educational entities, including community colleges and school districts

Our goal in any tort or claim against a municipal client is to minimize any liability on the part of our client, while resolving their legal challenge with efficiency, determination and skill.

Known In The Community, Respected By Advocates And Agencies

Our lawyers have worked hard to build strong reputations as credible, ethical and skilled lawyers. We have access to a wide range of resources and experts that we may call upon as needed. Our work has won us many referrals from other clients, and we continue to build on that reputation by regularly offering training seminars and other classes in matters of liability and protecting your public entity.

Call our Modesto law firm for experienced, focused and well-reasoned advocacy from determined, professional attorneys. To talk about your specific legal concerns, please call our trial lawyers (209) 522-2211 or e-mail.