Were You Injured on Public or Private Property?
Our Modesto Premises Liability Lawyer Helps Victims Injured Outside Their Home·
Unfortunately, every day, people get hurt on someone else’s property due to negligence. In fact, according to a recent report by the National Safety Council (NSC), over 200,000 people were injured from slip and falls in the workplace, and over 8.7 million people were admitted to the emergency room for fall-related injuries in 2013. These injuries can have a big impact on your life, physically and financially. For example, in some cases, such injuries require people to take time off work or pay for compounding medical bills. If you have been injured on public or private property, then a Modesto premises liability lawyer from our firm can help.
At Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger, our Modesto attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience. We know what it takes to strengthen and bolster a premises liability claim in California. For decades, our legal team has helped victims mitigate risks during their pursuit of a premises liability claim. Our success stems from our extensive experience and compassionate representation. – When you retain the services of our Modesto law firm, you will be able to reach us at any time. It is our goal to bring you peace of mind by strengthening your claim and fighting for your rights.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a legal term that is used when unsafe conditions on someone’s property results in an accident that causes an injury. For example, if you are injured on public or private property outside of your home, then this is known as premises liability. In general, these claims must establish that negligence on behalf of a property owner, manager, landlord or any entity that is in control of the property was responsible for the accident. Ultimately, the goal of any good Modesto premises liability attorney is to prove that the property owner was negligent. Our firm can help strengthen your claim in premises liability cases that involve but are not limited to:
- Dog Bite Injuries: Sometimes, dogs escape their enclosures and attack a passerby. In these cases, even if the attack did not occur on the dog owner’s property, he or she can still be held liable for damages. These injuries can include dog bites, cuts, scrapes and other lacerations. In addition, California has a strict liability for dog bites. Strict liability means that the owner is responsible for their dog biting someone regardless of whether or not the dog has ever bitten anyone before.
- Inadequate Security: In general, claims of inadequate security often involve apartment buildings and entertainment venues. For example, many apartment buildings have security guards and lock boxes. If someone is able to break into your apartment, then you might have grounds for a premises liability lawsuit against the building owner.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Many factors can contribute to a trip and fall accident. For example, a restaurant floor may be slippery after being cleaned, or a mall floor may be uneven due to construction. Some common trip and fall claims involve an individual tripping over a curb or raised sidewalk due to lack of repairs. Slip and fall injuries can also occur from a fall outside of private homes, such as a driveway or pathway. Finally, some slip and fall claims involve workplace injuries. For instance, if you fell in a workplace where someone other than the employer is involved, then you may have a premises liability claim.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Operators and owners of swimming pools are required to follow a set of regulations for public safety by law. When these regulations are not followed, serious injuries can occur.
- School and Playground Accidents: Unfortunately, injuries to children happen, many times outside of the home. For instance, your child may have fallen off faulty or otherwise defective playground equipment. If so, then you may be able to hold the entity responsible for maintaining that park liable for damages.
Injured Outside Your Home? Call a Modesto Premises Liability Lawyer From Our Firm Now for a Free Consultation
Did uneven surfaces result in you sustaining a slip and fall injury? Have you been hurt after a trip and fall outside of your own home? Do you need help identifying if a party contributed to or ignored deteriorating conditions of a property? Do you have questions about what to do after a dog bite? Navigating premises liability law can be overwhelming. At Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger, we can utilize a team of legal professionals across disciplines to investigate the details and protect your rights.
Our firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning if you do not win your case, then we do not get paid. You should never have to deal with compounding medical bills, time off work or emotional suffering. If you have been hurt on someone else’s property, then call a Modesto premises liability lawyer now. Contact our firm online or call our office today at (209)522-221.