Modesto Workplace Accident
Under California state law, employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to pay medical and wage benefits to their employees injured on the job. In the majority of cases, the injured worker who claims the workers’ comp benefits forfeits any further right to sue their employer for additional compensation. However, if an injured worker can show that the accident was the result of carelessness, negligence or misconduct by another party, he or she may file a ‘third-party’ lawsuit for full and fair compensation.
Not Workers’ Compensation. We Fight for Additional Money for Your Work Injury.
Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger is not a California workers’ compensation law firm. We are a personal injury firm that is ready to help you fight for money damages from the negligent party responsible for your injuries. Liability for financial damages can be assigned to one or more of the following third parties:
- The building or property owner who failed to ensure the work site was maintained for safe working conditions
- The manufacturer of a defective product that put workers in danger
- The subcontractor agency responsible for proper installation, maintenance and training on a dangerous piece of industrial or construction equipment
- A negligent subcontractor on the job site, such as a contract electrician who failed to ensure proper and safe installation of dangerous electrical equipment or wiring.
- A negligent supervisor who failed to properly train and supervise a co-worker
Our attorneys work with your workers’ compensation lawyer to help you obtain the maximum money damages you and your family need following a work injury. We have experience representing injured workers in workplace injury third-party claims such as:
- Fall injuries from unsafe and defective scaffolding and ladders
- Injuries from defective power tools and table saws
- Injuries caused by negligent drivers of construction trucks and vehicles
- Injures resulting from falling tools, materials and building products
- Electrical shock and burn injuries
- Injuries from all types of construction site accidents
- Injuries caused by defective hoists, conveyors and material cranes
- Injuries from dangerous punch press and manufacturing equipment
- Burn injuries from industrial ovens and heating units
- Injuries resulting from negligent forklift operator or defective forklift
- Injuries from falling industrial products, tools and equipment
- Weld tank, air compressor and gas tank explosions
- Injuries from contact with dangerous industrial chemicals
- Injuries from all types of industrial accidents
Our Modesto workplace accident lawyers provide legal advice and representation for clients throughout the Central Valley region and Northern California. Call us at (209) 522-2211 or contact us by e-mail to arrange an initial consultation with an experienced Modesto personal injury lawyer today.